Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Spinach is all I’ve been craving now that Spring is in full bloom! I made this with creamy goat cheese and a white balsamic dressing, but this would also be great with Feta cheese and if you want to add more protein, or skip the cheese altogether, add walnuts or slivered almonds.
I love strawberries in my salad, I could eat this all summer long, especially when strawberries are at their peak.
A few other salad recipes I have with strawberries you may also enjoy:
For those of you following a Paleo diet, swapping the cheese with almonds or walnuts would make this compliant.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Spinach Recipe
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Spinach is made with creamy goat cheese and a white balsamic dressing, but this would also be great with Feta cheese and if you want to add more protein, or skip the cheese add walnuts or slivered almonds.
- 3 tbsp golden balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
For the chicken:
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, to taste (I used Montreal Steak Grill Mates)
For the Salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- For the chicken: Season chicken with seasoned salt, then mix in crushed garlic.
- Light the grill or indoor grill pan on medium heat, when hot spray the grates with oil and grill the chicken about 10 to 11 minutes on each side until charred on the outside and cooked through in the center. Set aside on a cutting board and slice on an angle.
- In a large bowl toss the spinach with the dressing. Divide between 4 plates and top with strawberries, goat cheese and
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 salad with 3 oz chicken
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 7
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 331
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 89.5mg
- Sodium: 345mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Protein: 31g