WASHINGTON, March 19, 2021 – The U.S. Division of Agriculture’s Meals Security and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public well being alert for merchandise produced with out the good thing about federal inspection by One Meat Corp., doing enterprise as Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company, a La Puente, Calif. agency. A recall was not beneficial as a result of it’s believed that the affected merchandise are now not accessible to be bought by shoppers.
The meat and lamb merchandise topic to the general public well being alert are:
- 1-lb packages of Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company “BEEF OMASUM TRIPES.”
- 1-lb packages of Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company “GROUND LAMB” with “Manufacturing date” 12/26/2020.
- 1-lb packages of Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company “CUTTED BEEF FOR BBQ” with “Manufacturing date” 7/31/2020.
- 1-lb packages of Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company “CHINESE LAMB BBQ.”
- 2-lb packages of Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company “CUTED BEEF LIGAMENT.”
- Approx. 1-lb packages of Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company “CHINESE BEEF BBQ.”
- 1-lb packages of Japanese Asia Buying and selling Company “CUBED LAMB FOR BBQ SET.”
Whereas some merchandise bear the institution quantity “EST. 45557” contained in the USDA mark of inspection, the merchandise weren’t produced by federal institution 45557.
The gadgets had been shipped to a web-based retailer, Weee! Company, and bought on to shoppers by on-line gross sales nationwide.
FSIS is worried that some product could also be in shoppers’ freezers. Anybody involved about an sickness ought to contact a well being care supplier. Shoppers who’ve bought these merchandise are urged to not devour them. These merchandise needs to be thrown away or returned to the place of buy.
Shoppers and media with questions concerning the general public well being alert ought to name Bruce Park, President of One Meat Corp., at (213) 238-7863.
Shoppers with meals security questions can name the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) or dwell chat by way of Ask USDA from 10 a.m. to six p.m. (Japanese Time) Monday by Friday. Shoppers may also browse meals security messages at Ask USDA or ship a query by way of e-mail to MPHotline@usda.gov. For shoppers that have to report an issue with a meat, poultry, or egg product, the web Digital Shopper Grievance Monitoring System might be accessed 24 hours a day at https://foodcomplaint.fsis.usda.gov/eCCF/.