WASHINGTON, Jan. 2, 2020 – The U.S. Division of Agriculture’s Meals Security and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public well being alert on account of sicknesses attributable to Listeria monocytogenes related to FDA-regulated laborious boiled eggs which have been recalled by Almark Meals. FSIS is issuing this public well being alert out of an abundance of warning to make sure that customers are conscious that these merchandise shouldn’t be consumed.
The next ready-to-eat FSIS-regulated product has been recognized as containing components concerned within the Almark Meals recall:
- 3.6-oz. plastic packages containing “CHEESEWICH Able to Eat BACON N EGGS” with “USE BY” dates 12/27/19, 1/3/20, 1/23/20, 1/30/20, 2/5/20, 2/6/20, 2/14/20, 2/19/20, 2/28/20, and three/6/20 and lot codes 281191, 302191, 304191, 309191, 316191, 323191, 331191, 336191, 344191, 351191. Packages bear institution quantity “P-45031” contained in the USDA mark of inspection.
- 3.1-oz. plastic packages containing “EGGLANDS BEST HARD-COOKED EGG BACON & CHEDDAR” with “USE BY” dates of 12/23/19, 1/3/20, 1/17/20, 1/31/20, 2/6/20, and a pair of/24/20. Packages bear institution quantity “EST. 44926” contained in the USDA mark of inspection.
- 3.3-oz. plastic packages containing “EGGLANDS BEST HARD-COOKED SALAME & PROVOLONE” with “USE BY” dates of 12/23/19, 1/3/20, 1/17/20, 1/31/20, 2/6/20, and a pair of/24/20. Packages bear institution quantity “EST. 44926” contained in the USDA mark of inspection.
- 4.25-oz. plastic packages containing “Large Y Protein Snack Pack Arduous Boiled Egg, Roasted Turkey, Roasted Almonds” with “Promote by way of” or “Use by” dates from 12/29/19 by way of 01/07/20. Packages bear institution quantity “EST. 34657” contained in the USDA mark of inspection.
- 4.25-oz. plastic packages containing “RACHAEL’S HAND CRAFTED Protein Snack Pack Arduous Boiled Egg, Roasted Turkey, Roasted Almonds” with “Promote by way of” or “Use by” dates from 12/29/19 by way of 01/07/20. Packages bear institution quantity “EST. 34657” contained in the USDA mark of inspection.
The merchandise comprise individually packaged meat or poultry and hard-boiled eggs. Clients with questions could contact Almark Meals’ Buyer Helpline at (877) 546-0454 Monday by way of Friday, 8 am to five pm EST.
CDC, FDA and public well being and regulatory officers in a number of states are investigating a multistate outbreak of Listeria monocytogenes infections linked to hard-boiled egg merchandise produced by Almark Meals. There have been no confirmed reviews of sickness on account of consumption of the FSIS-regulated merchandise produced containing these eggs. Anybody involved about an sickness ought to contact a well being care supplier. Shoppers which have bought these merchandise are urged to not eat them. These merchandise must be thrown away or returned to the place of buy.
Consumption of meals contaminated with L. monocytogenes may cause listeriosis, a critical an infection that primarily impacts older adults, individuals with weakened immune techniques, and pregnant girls and their newborns. Much less generally, individuals outdoors these threat teams are affected.
Listeriosis may cause fever, muscle aches, headache, stiff neck, confusion, lack of stability and convulsions generally preceded by diarrhea or different gastrointestinal signs. An invasive an infection spreads past the gastrointestinal tract. In pregnant girls, the an infection may cause miscarriages, stillbirths, untimely supply or life-threatening an infection of the new child. As well as, critical and generally deadly infections can happen in older adults and individuals with weakened immune techniques. Listeriosis is handled with antibiotics. Individuals within the higher-risk classes who expertise flu-like signs inside two months after consuming contaminated meals ought to search medical care and inform the well being care supplier about consuming the contaminated meals.
Shoppers with meals security questions can name the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) or dwell chat by way of Ask USDA from 10 a.m. to six p.m. (Japanese Time) Monday by way of Friday. Shoppers also can browse meals security messages at Ask USDA or ship a query by way of e mail to MPHotline@usda.gov. For customers that must report an issue with a meat, poultry, or egg product, the web Digital Shopper Grievance Monitoring System might be accessed 24 hours a day at https://foodcomplaint.fsis.usda.gov/eCCF/.