This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks, please see our privateness coverage for particulars.
These loaded Greek Hen Tzatziki Bowls supply a enjoyable weeknight dinner that feels additional particular. Avenue food-inspired oven-roasted rooster served bowl fashion with all of the “extras”. Lettuce, a lot of peperoncini, a easy avocado cucumber salad, and loads of feta. Add scrumptious creamy tzatziki sauce and ginger tahini and also you’ll have a Greek-inspired bowl that’s SO GOOD. Serve every bowl with pita and do-it-yourself fries for a meal that everybody will really love.
Hello, hello from Atlanta! One fast signing right here at Williams Sonoma at Ponce Metropolis Market. Then I’m off to Texas for the ultimate two guide tour stops on Monday and Tuesday, then dwelling on Wednesday. I’m wanting ahead to the following couple of days, however I’m additionally excited to be sharing a brand new recipe. I’ve been desirous to share this bowl for the reason that day I made it!! It’s so enjoyable, scrumptious, and an important recipe for spring/summer season.
With springtime right here (NYC and Atlanta have a lot colour proper now!), I’m undoubtedly craving contemporary meals with vibrant colours. Spring salads, veggie boards, and enjoyable vegetable sides for upcoming Easter.
My one hang-up with salads is that they by no means fairly really feel that satisfying. A lot of greens, however hardly ever many thrilling parts to construct them up and make an important meal! As an alternative of one other okay salad, I made a Greek-inspired bowl with ALL the accompaniments.
Listed below are the main points
This recipe undoubtedly seems lengthy, and whereas there are some steps to it, nothing is simply too exhausting or time-consuming.
The rooster is the place you need to begin. It’s seasoned with yogurt, a lot of garlic, shallots, smoked paprika, and oregano. Tremendous flavorful. When you have additional time you may start marinating the rooster a couple of hours earlier than cooking or you can begin cooking immediately.
As soon as you bought your seasoned rooster roast it on a sheet pan to maintain issues easy and fast.
Whereas the rooster is roasting I prefer to make a fast do-it-yourself tzatziki sauce. However store-bought simply works as properly!
Then the ginger tahini. It’s tahini, ginger, a little bit of garlic, lemon, and salt. So easy however it’s that drizzle of tzatziki sauce that basically provides to the bowl.
When the rooster is full all that’s left is to assemble. That is principally like a giant salad, however a loaded salad.
A lot of shredded lettuce, then cucumber, avocado, crumbled feta, and loads of contemporary dill. The remainder is as much as you, tomatoes and peperoncini are key for me!!
Throw the rooster on high, then add dollops of tzatziki sauce, and a drizzle of the tahini!! So many yummy flavors and textures.
I often serve the bowl with heat naan (or pitas) and a facet of fries.
Such a enjoyable and vibrant dinner for any night time of the week. And what I like is that the leftovers are good for having fun with the following day for lunch! The sauce will final all week and can be utilized in a number of recipes.
Creighton wasn’t in Colorado once I made this. However once I despatched him the photograph, he was bummed he wasn’t round. Undoubtedly his type of dinner!
Searching for different straightforward dinners? Listed below are some favorites:
Lastly, for those who make these Greek Hen Tzatziki Bowls, make sure to depart a remark and/or give this recipe a score! Above all, I like to listen to from you guys and all the time do my greatest to answer each remark. And naturally, for those who do make this recipe, don’t overlook to tag me on Instagram! Wanting by way of the photographs of recipes you all have made is my favourite!
Greek Hen Tzatziki Bowls
Energy Per Serving: 491 kcal
Dietary info is barely an estimate. The accuracy of the dietary info for any recipe on this web site will not be assured.
Now you can create an account on our web site and save your favourite recipes and entry them on any system! You possibly can preserve observe of your favourite recipes and generate a procuring record for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1/3 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup additional virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 kilos boneless skinless rooster breasts or thighs, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped contemporary oregano
- chili flakes, Kosher salt, and black pepper
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup contemporary dill, chopped
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 cups Tzakiki sauce
- lettuce, peperoncini, onion, tomatoes, and pitas, for serving
1. In a bowl, mix the yogurt, olive oil, cubed rooster, lemon juice, garlic, shallots, paprika, oregano, chili flakes, and a big pinch every of salt and pepper. Let marinate for quarter-hour at room temperature or as much as in a single day within the fridge.2. Preheat the oven to 425° F. Organize the rooster on a baking sheet. Bake quarter-hour, toss and bake one other 5-10 minutes, or till cooked by way of. Swap the oven to broil. Broil 1-2 minutes, till the rooster chars on the perimeters.3. In the meantime, mix the cucumbers, avocado, lemon, dill, salt, and pepper. 4. To make the tahini. Mix all components and 1/4 cup water in a blender and mix till clean. If wanted, add water to skinny the sauce as desired. Season to style with salt.5. To assemble, add lettuce to a bowl. High with rooster, cucumber/avocado, feta cheese, and some other desired toppings. Add a couple of dollops of Tzaziki sauce. Drizzle over the tahini.