As a lot as I like ham, I nearly love the leftovers extra so I could make this recipe!
This ham salad recipe is a combination of very finely chopped ham and mayonnaise with our favourite add-ins! I like chopped pickles (or candy relish) and a tiny squeeze of mustard.
Just a few seconds in a meals processor and a handful of tasty mix-ins, serve this with crackers or as a sandwich on bread.
An Previous Common Favourite
It looks like each household has its personal model of ham salad. Rising up we all the time made it utilizing canned ham (I nonetheless adore it that approach) however extra typically I make it with leftover ham.
- Simply 3 elements plus your favourite add ins (like pickles, candy pickle relish, mustard or onions).
- Might be made with leftover ham or canned ham. It is a nice approach to get pleasure from leftover Easter or Christmas ham.
- Might be made forward and saved within the fridge for a couple of days for fast snacks and lunches.
- Nice for sandwiches or with crackers.
This ham salad unfold recipe is tremendous simple nevertheless we use leftover ham making it extremely scrumptious! We love serving it throughout lunchtime in the summertime with some cucumber salad and home made rooster salad sandwiches!
The right way to Make Ham Salad
Home made ham salad is a quickie lunch repair, whether or not you will have a meals processor or not. Right here’s all you do:
- Very pleasant cube the ham or whirl it in a meals processor.
- Switch the ham to a bowl and blend in the remainder of the elements (per the recipe beneath).
- Serve the ham combination in rolls or on bread and even put it out for friends to dip crackers into. To maintain it low carb, wrap it in lettuce wraps or serve it over salad.
Actually, that’s all there’s to it!
Ham Salad Variations
Get inventive! Begin with a base of ham and mayo after which add your favourite flavors. I personally skip the salt since ham is salty however Listed below are some variations on this easy ham salad recipe:
- Snacking and lunches: Serve it on bread, a slider bun, or crackers with a aspect of potato chips.
- Feeding a crowd? Make your leftover ham stretch farther by mixing it with diced, laborious boiled eggs.
- Solely have somewhat ham salad left? Mix it to a finer consistency with somewhat pickle juice, put it in a small bowl, and serve it as a dip.
- Grilled ham and cheese on rye. Mix the ham combination with some shredded cheddar cheese and grill it. The flavors will soften collectively for a yummy lunch.
- Flip it right into a meal. For dinner, use your fundamental ham salad recipe as the premise for a macaroni salad with ham, or ham pasta salad. Cube in some candy gherkins or dill pickles, and add a dollop of Dijon mustard for some tangy flavors.
- Diced onion and bell pepper, or jars of pimento or roasted crimson pepper additionally mix effectively in a ham macaroni salad. Use rotini or penne in case you are making ham pasta salad.
Extra Methods to Use Leftover Ham
The right way to Freeze Ham Salad
Ham salad is greatest served chilled. It retains only a few days within the fridge.
Should you plan to maintain it longer than that, it may be frozen in an air-tight container. Take away from the freezer and thaw within the fridge in a single day and drain any liquid. Stir in a spoonful of contemporary mayonnaise if wanted.
Extra Simple Salads for Sandwiches
Ham Salad Recipe
The very best factor about leftover ham is it offers you the prospect to make ham salad! You’ll be able to whip it up within the meals processor in a flash.
Place diced ham in a meals processor and pulse a couple of instances to cut. You need it pretty nice however not a paste.
Place in a bowl and add remaining elements till creamy and clean.
Serve with crackers or use to make ham salad sandwiches.
I don’t add further salt to this recipe as I discover ham salty sufficient. Style and season to your liking.
This ham salad might be served on bread, rolls, crackers, and even salad.
Energy: 275, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 13g, Fats: 23g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 1388mg, Potassium: 268mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 135IU, Vitamin C: 0.9mg, Calcium: 22mg, Iron: 1.3mg
(Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.)
Course Ham, Lunch, Essential Course