A straightforward Pasta Primavera is a lightweight pasta recipe loaded with greens and tossed in a recent lemon and garlic sauce. This vegetarian pasta dish is a good way to include seasonal spring and summer time veggies and it’s so satisfying.
This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
What’s Pasta Primavera?
Due to its naming, many individuals assume Pasta Primavera is an Italian dish when the truth is it’s a common American pasta dish that was invented within the Nineteen Seventies. It’s made with pasta and flippantly cooked recent greens. Fairly than utilizing a creamy sauce, it’s tossed in gentle garlic and lemon sauce. The pasta is commonly referred to as summer time or spring pasta, it’s such a lightweight dish and does actually really feel like summer time.
Learn how to Make Pasta Primavera
- Prepare dinner pasta in line with package deal directions, drain and canopy to maintain heat.
- Sautee greens in a big skillet or dutch oven till crisp-tender. Season to style.
- Make it saucy – Add butter and garlic to the veggies and cook dinner till aromatic.
- Mix – Add cooked pasta, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese to your veggie skillet and toss to mix.
- Protein – You’ll be able to add meat to the pasta; shrimp and hen would work nice.
- Greens – you’ll be able to change up the veggies relying on what’s seasonal or what you’ve available. Broccoli, French inexperienced beans, snap peas, scallions or asparagus would all be nice substitutes or add-ins.
- Pasta – you would change up the pasta for a unique bite-sized pasta form equivalent to Cavatappi, ziti, fussili, or your favourite selection.
- Sauce – In case you are in search of a richer sauce, add Home made Pesto or Alfredo Sauce to the dish.
Suggestions for the Greatest Pasta Primavera
- Minimize the greens to even thickness in order that they have a uniform look and cook dinner on the identical fee (observe: if utilizing root greens equivalent to carrots, lower these to finer julienne slices since they take longer to cook dinner).
- Generously salt the water for cooking pasta. For 4 quarts, I add about 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of fantastic sea salt.
- Prepare dinner pasta to al dente which suggests tender however barely agency to the chew. The package deal directions will often end in completely cooked al-dente pasta.
- Prepare dinner veggies till crisp-tender. They may retain extra taste and can look extra colourful and vibrant within the completed dish.
Serve pasta with
This pasta recipe is a meal in itself and doesn’t actually need anything as a vegetarian dinner. Nevertheless, when you like a great aspect, listed here are some nice choices:
- Storing Leftovers – Preserve leftover pasta refrigerated in an hermetic container for 3-4 days.
- Reheating – To reheat, add to a skillet with a touch of olive oil and cook dinner till warmed by.
- Freezing – We don’t advocate freezing this dish as a result of the veggies get mushy and boring when thawed.
Extra Pasta Recipes
Simple Pasta Primavera Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
Whole Time: 20 minutes
Pasta Primavera is a simple pasta recipe loaded with greens and tossed with gentle butter and lemon sauce. It is the right vegetarian pasta dish for spring and summer time.
Value to Make:
Servings: 4 servings
bell pepper, any coloration, sliced into strips
medium zucchini, sliced into rings
brown or white mushrooms, sliced
medium pink onion, sliced
fantastic sea salt, or to style, plus extra for boiling pasta
floor black pepper, or to style
garlic cloves, minced
lemon juice, freshly squeezed
freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
chopped recent parsley, to serve
Prepare dinner pasta in salted water in line with package deal directions till al’dente or to your required doneness, drain water and canopy to maintain heat.
Whereas the pasta cooks, cook dinner the greens: place a big deep skillet or dutch oven over medium-high warmth and add oil. Add bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, and pink onion and saute tossing and stirring ceaselessly till greens are crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to style.
Cut back warmth to medium and add the butter and garlic and cook dinner till garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute.
Add the pasta, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese to the skillet. Toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper to style. As soon as pasta is heated by, take away from warmth.
Garnish with extra freshly grated parmesan if desired and sprinkle on parsley.
Simple Pasta Primavera Recipe
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 180
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g56%
Trans Fats 1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Ldl cholesterol 33mg11%
Vitamin A 1570IU31%
Vitamin C 55mg67%
* P.c Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.